Monday, September 10, 2018

NIck's First Blog


     My name is Nick Berling, and I attend Rhode Island College. I am in my second year of college and aspire to receive a teaching degree in four years. I have an older brother, by two minutes. We are fraternal twins. We look nothing alike, except in the face. We have opposite personalities, however, get along fine. Over the summer, I worked, a lot. I worked at a local market located in Westerly, RI seven days a week for 3 months. At this job I did a plethora of activities. For instance, I cut meat, cashier, delivery, and unloaded the trucks that came in with loads of food. Here is a picture of my boss and his wife who have owned the market since 1989. Very nice people.
(left: Cheryll )(Right: Tony)
These fine people are my bosses. They have multiple kids and operate a family run business going on it's twenty-sixth year. They work long hard days and are a big inspiration to me. 

     Some of my free time consists of working out, reading, and watching too many hours of Youtube. My hobbies include CrossFit, running, rugby, biking, and occasionally surfing. I enjoy being outdoors. I have lived in Westerly for most of my life and I could not imagine being away from the ocean. I have grown to love the ocean so much, that everyday of the summer, weather permitting, involved a swim in the ocean. I recently went to Colorado, and the mountains are great, but I still prefer the ocean. Here are some pictures of me doing some of my favorite hobbies.  

This is me playing rugby in the Hendricken Alumni game. 
This is a picture of me working on my handstand walks. 
This is me paddling boarding with a couple of my friends. Which is one of the most relaxing, fun activities I can possibly do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment